Education for All (EFA) has been a most sensible precedence for governments and intergovernmental improvement firms for the final two decades. to date the worldwide EFA flow has positioned its significant concentrate on offering caliber common basic schooling (UPE) for all childrens by way of 2015.
The most modern addition to The Open and versatile Learning sequence, this book addresses the recent demanding situations created by way of either the successes and the mess ups of the UPE crusade. This e-book advocates new techniques for offering entry to secondary schooling for today’s speedily growing to be inhabitants of youngsters and teens and examines:
- the production and enlargement of Mega-Schools, which mix distance studying and group help and feature a confirmed music checklist of accelerating entry at scale
- how to arrange the ten-million new academics which are required to accomplish schooling for All by way of 2015 by means of targeting classroom-based in-service education
- strategies for utilizing expertise to scale up distance schooling cost-effectively
- the construction of a twenty-first century academic environment that integrates open education and instructor schooling with groups and their tuition structures
- successful examples of open colleges and instructor schooling programmes working at scale round the world.
Readers can be thrilled to discover that Sir John Daniel, bestselling Routledge writer of Mega Universities and data Media, can provide one other insightful and functional ebook on academic know-how. Mega-Schools, know-how and Teachers can be of curiosity to all who're involved through the valuable academic problem of our occasions: delivering secondary schooling to millions of kids round the world.
Read or Download Mega-Schools, Technology and Teachers: Achieving Education for All (Open and Flexible Learning Series) PDF
Similar Administration books
The landscapes of upper schooling were altering swiftly, with huge, immense growths in participation premiums in lots of nations internationally, and significant advancements and adjustments inside of associations. however the languages that we have to conceptualise and comprehend those alterations haven't been maintaining velocity.
Catholic excessive faculties within the usa were present process 3 significant adjustments: the shift to basically lay management and lecturers; the transition to a extra consumerist and pluralist tradition; and the expanding variety of scholars attending Catholic excessive faculties. James Heft argues that to navigate those alterations effectively, leaders of Catholic schooling have to tell lay academics extra completely, behavior a extra profound social research of the tradition, and deal with the true wishes of scholars.
This ancient biography examines Sarah Raymond Fitzwilliam's abolitionist roots turning out to be up on a cease of the Underground Railroad, her education at a 'normal school,' her tenure as a instructor, important and the nation's first urban institution superintendent (Bloomington, Illinois 1874-1892).
Additional resources for Mega-Schools, Technology and Teachers: Achieving Education for All (Open and Flexible Learning Series)